What Does Xarelto Do?
Xarelto, also known as Rivaroxaban, is a drug that is a part of anticoagulant medications. Anticoagulants are used in the prevention of harmful blood clots that can form in the blood vessels while reducing the ability of the blood to clot. Xarelto’s use is to prevent blood clots for individuals who have had total hip or knee replacement surgery. It is also used to remedy blood clots in people who have suffered from deep vein thrombosis (DVT), or pulmonary embolism (PE), in an effort to prevent these clots from reoccurring. An explanation of DVT and PE shall be given further in this article. Xarelto also prevents strokes or blood clots in individuals with Atrial Fibrillation (AFib).
As a blood thinner or anticoagulant, Xarelto blocks thrombin which is the chemical that enables blood clotting to take place.
How Will Xarelto Affect Me?
Like all other blood thinners, there is a risk of bleeding injuries. However, those taking Xarelto face a grimmer reality of what can happen if they suffer any injuries that require them to have their blood clot once again. Studies that have been recently carried out have associated Xarelto with hazards and adverse effects such as serious internal bleeding possibly leading to severe injuries and in some cases, death. As mentioned earlier, Xarelto blocks thrombin in order to prevent the blood from clotting. The unfortunate thing about the mechanism of how Xarelto works is that there is no known way to reverse this effect, therefore putting the person taking Xarelto in serious danger. In the unfortunate event that an internal bleeding injury occurs and the effects of Xarelto cannot be combated, the following are some of the reported unfavorable effects the drug can have:
- Gastrointestinal Bleeds: which is a bleed originating in the GI tract and has life threatening effects. If GI bleeding is believed to be occurring it presents itself as bloody, black, or tarry stools and spewing blood.
- DVT: a DVT is also life endangering. A DVT is a blood clot in the major arteries, especially the leg. Symptoms of a DVT include tenderness, pain and swelling.
- PE: a PE is a blood clot in the lungs. PE is the most documented side effect of taking Xarelto. Symptoms of PE can differ greatly, but some of the noted ones include an inability to breath properly, chest pain, a cough with traces of blood in the sputum, irregular heartbeat, profuse sweating, pain in the leg or swelling. It should be noted that a PE is likely to be experienced when one is changing medications from Xarelto to another blood thinner.
- Brain Hemorrhage: this is a stroke that is brought on by a burst artery in the brain that leads to bleeding in that area in the surrounding tissues. This localized bleeding destroys brain cells. If a brain hemorrhage is likely taking place, it may present itself as though the person is experiencing a stroke. The person may start experiencing weakness on one side of the body, difficulty speaking, or may be experiencing numbness.
Internal Bleeding Injuries Data In Idaho
The most up to date recording of Idaho’s population is 1,634,464. Through a comparison of the sum total of Xarelto written scripts in all of America since 2011, with the population of Idaho’s principal cities and the sum total of Idaho’s population, we have been able to calculate the probable figure of of Idaho residents who may have undergone the unfavorable effects of using Xarelto. Making use of this calculation, we were able to surmise that 958 Idaho inhabitants likely had some kind of negative effect while using Xarelto.
Idaho’s five principal cities have the following populations:
- Boise City- population 216,282
- Nampa- population 88,211
- Meridian- population 87,743
- Idaho Falls- population 58,691
- Pocatello- population 54,292
The probable data for internal bleeding injuries in these cities are:
- Boise City- 127
- Nampa- 52
- Meridian- 51
- Idaho Falls-34
Connecting With Xarelto Attorneys
If any of the information you have read in this article reads true for you or for even someone dear to you, whereby an internal bleeding injury occurred while taking Xarelto, you may have a legal right to file a lawsuit. All across America cases are being brought to court against the makers of Xarelto, Bayer and Johnson & Johnson for the promotion of their blood thinner that has no known reversal agent if the blood needs to clot again. We encourage you to contact us at any time of the day and night to start the process of getting the compensation you deserve for the unimaginable pain and suffering you have experienced due to Xarelto.
Idaho Xarelto Advocates
Our Xarelto advocates are here to be of assistance to all individuals and family members across America, as they provide useful news on the Xarelto suit. If you are ready to take the next step and file a suit, we are here to assist you in proceeding confidently in this matter. Get in touch with our Idaho Xarelto attorneys for a no cost consultation. Our contact details can be found here.
When you file your case with our Xarelto advocates you can rest assured that it is in capable hands as our attorneys have experience in handling cases that involve huge pharmaceutical companies and yours will be the next one they get justice for. To learn more about Xarelto team click here.