One of the many questions we get from our clients and during intake is a) whether there have been any Xarelto settlements to date and b) how long will a Xarelto settlement take. The first lawsuits filed alleging that Xarelto caused internal bleeding, which resulted in serious injury or death, were filed against the manufacturers of the blood thinner in early 2014. These bleeding events include:
- gastrointestinal bleeding
- pulmonary embolism
- brain hemorrhage
- epidural hematoma
- rectal bleeding
On April 21, 2015, Osborne & Associates’ Managing Partner, Joseph Osborne, recently commented on the pending Xarelto litigation:
We really are in the infancy of this litigation. It will take several years for the litigation to progress through the judicial system whereby we believe Bayer AG and Johnson & Johnson will likely have to pay out substantial compensation to those injured or families who have lost a loved one due to the side effects of Xarelto.
Xarelto Settlement And Litigation Process
Filing Of Lawsuits
Formation Of MDL
The First Xarelto Trials
Determining Factors At Xarelto Settlements
From meeting our clients and speaking with several victims, we understand the hardship and pain endured by the people who suffered an adverse event. The settlement negotiations will specifically focus on the factors that a jury would take into account what a jury will take into account at trial. These key factors include:
- what injury was suffered as a result of taking Xarelto?
- how long did the injury last?
- what were the short term and long term effects of the injury on the plaintiff?
- what future care might be needed?
- in the event of death, what financial compensation will no longer be available to dependents?
- in the event of disability, what economic loss will be suffered in the future because of an inability to work?
- in a wrongful death xarelto case, to what extent will loss of companionship exist because of the loss of a loved one?
- what medical expenses were incurred in the past?
- what medical expense will be incurred in the future?
- what burial or funeral expenses were incurred?
Thinking About Filing A Xarelto Lawsuit?
If you or a loved one suffered an injury or death because of an adverse event you believe was caused by Xarelto, then feel free to contact our compassionate, experienced lawyers today. We will evaluate your claim and advise you of your legal rights. We are helping families and individuals all across the United States who believe they have been wronged by the manufacturers of Xarelto. Call us today. The call is free and there is no fee for our services until we recover financial compensation for you.